- 6 years ago today my mom died.
- I’m trying to laugh today- instead of cry (not easy!)
- because my mom liked when we laughed.
- And she LOVED when we paid attention to her (sound familiar?!)
25 Things I learned from my mother
1. Cover soles of new shoes with scratch-less bottoms. Scuffed shoes look terrible when you cross your legs.
2. Finger nails and toe nails must always be neat.
3. Chocolate is best eaten while you’re alone in a bathroom.
4. Pajamas are all-day-wear attire.
5. It is more important to make others feel good, than to feel good.
6. Generosity comes in many forms.
7. Give Give Give.
8. It is important to have an “everyday bag.” meaning one new bag for every new
9.”While I have my vanity, I have my sanity”
10. The Bed is an ideal place for meals.
11. Buy something new, give away something old.
12. Gray roots should never show.
13. Be kind to the people who help make you pretty.
14. Be kind to everyone…even morons (sometimes “except” morons).
15. Plastic surgery can be a hobby
16. The best diet is: fruits, vegetables, and cake.
17. Punishing your kid is ok but your punishing MY kid?! Watch out!
18. “69” is when a man and a woman kiss each other’s genitals.
20. A man should buy you jewelry but if you like something sparkly… buy it yourself!